Performance Cruising Sails Overview
These sails utilize the very latest in materials, construction, materials and design theory as they apply to our Performance Cruising sails.
The Performance Cruise line utilizes laminate fabrics that are designed specifically for more rugged use than racing fabrics. As a whole, they generally will have single or double-sided taffetas, which act to protect the directional, load bearing scrim and film from chafe, U.V. and general wear and tear. These fabric styles come in a variety of yarn types including: polyester, Pentex and Spectra, which covers the gamut of cost and efficiency. Your Neil Pryde agent will help you to navigate you through the myriad of fabrics narrowing down the range to the few fabrics that truly fit your needs and budget.
The sails are built along the lines of our offshore Cruise Plus line with exceptional thought and effort put into the construction and finishing specifications of the sails, knowing full and well that they are to be used in offshore sailing. Many of the standard features include:
- Tri-Radial construction
- Neil Pryde Integrated Patching System
- Heavy gauge aluminum headboards with stainless steel liners and hand–sewn metal slug(s) or slide(s) depending on application
- One full-length batten at the head and 3 extended battens, each parallel to the foot
- Luff and foot attachments attached with hand–sewn webbing
- Reef rings are stainless steel pressed rings with webbing load straps, tack reefs equipped with dual "dogbone" stainless steel rings
- Corner rings are webbed Stainless Steel external rings with leather chafe guards
- Batten pockets finished with our Internal Velcro system
- All seams will have 2 to 3 rows of 3-step stitching, depending on size
- Polyester or Spectra Leechline
- Tell-tales at each batten pocket
- Heavy Duty sail bag